Nutrition for Seniors

Woman in car

The Nutrition for Seniors Program – Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) provides a monthly supply of supplemental nutritious food to:

  • NE Minnesota residents,
  • Age 60 and older,
  • Who meet income eligibility guidelines

Check here for current income guidelines.

What types of foods are in a monthly box?

Seniors who qualify receive shelf-stable foods that include grains, fruits, vegetables, protein and dairy. Food boxes include plant-based proteins like lentils, canned beans, peanut butter; whole grains like dry cereal, brown rice, rolled oats; canned meats for protein (beef stew, chicken, tuna, salmon in oil); canned vegetables and fruits for essential vitamins and minerals; dairy items like shelf stable fluid milk, dry milk and locally made American cheese.

Where can I pick up my box of food?

Check out our regional distribution locations here.

Can someone else pick up my box of food? 

Yes, you may assign a proxy who is authorized by you to pick up your food on your behalf.

See if you qualify!

To learn more, contact us at (218) 336-2307, (888) 727-5653, ext. 112 or or apply online here.

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at <a href=”tel:(202) 720-2600″>(202) 720-2600</a> (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at <a href=”tel:(800) 877-8339″>(800) 877-8339</a>. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call <a href=”tel:(866) 632-9992″>(866) 632-9992</a>. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.