Volunteer your time to ensure food for our Northland neighbors in need.
Second Harvest Northland offers a variety of regional volunteer opportunities for you to create a hunger-free NE Minnesota and NW Wisconsin.
How does it work?
- Review our Volunteer Application and Agreement Form
- Review our current Volunteer Opportunities
- Review our Volunteer Calendar at our East facility (Duluth)
- Review our Volunteer Calendar at our West facility (Grand Rapids)
- Review our Volunteer FAQs
- Review our Volunteer Youth Requirements
- Review our Volunteer Agreement Community Service (if applicable)
- Complete and send your Individual Volunteer Application and Agreement Form or Volunteer Group Application and Agreement Form
For more information contact us by email or call us at (218) 336-2303.
Second Harvest Northland strives to provide a positive experience for our volunteer groups. Here’s how you can ensure our success:
After scheduling your volunteer shift:
- Promote your volunteer opportunity to your group
- Communicate the time, date and location of your volunteer opportunity
- Send your group our Volunteer FAQs to help them prepare
- Review our Volunteer Youth Requirements if your group includes youth volunteers
- Collect Youth Authorization Form from any youth volunteers planning to participate in your activity (youth volunteers will not be allowed to volunteer without it)
One week prior to your volunteer shift:
- Confirm participation with your group members
- Send group member names to us
- Contact us by email or call us at (218) 336-2303 to let us know how many people will be participating in our volunteer opportunity
Please contact us as soon as you are able if you’d like to increase, decrease, or cancel your group. We depend on you to complete our tasks and have both minimum and maximum requirements for all volunteer opportunities.